Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's raining outside, but I am dry

This is my first project with Kreaxions DT. I used the circle cutter to cut my circle and then used the 903 punch to go around the the circle. Then I folded the circle in half and then folded it in half the other way and just kept folding until I had 8 folds. I glued toothpicks in each of the folds and then put a bead on the end. The center are 2 toothpicks glued together to make the handle longer. When I make this again, I would use white florist tape to wrap the handle. Also, at the very top of the handle I rolled a strip of paper around the top so that it didn't slide out. The size for this is up to you, mine is a 1/4 wide. Then I just added bows to finish it off. You could use color toothpicks instead of the natural ones and have an entirely different look. I love this circle cutter, it is just an awesome and easy tool to use. If you have never tried it I suggest you give it a chance.

3 comments:

Phillis Walrath said...

wow, your own homemade umbrella!! I Love it!

Jackie Plank said...

This is positively beautiful and what a wonderful idea!!!

Shelly K. Hein-Simmons said...

This is adorable - - I think I MUST invest in this circle cutter!