Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Christmas present for my youngest granddaughter

Here is the finished canvas.



Step 1. I started with a 12 x 12 canvas and added a 12x12 piece of paper and decoupaged the paper on the canvas.

Step 2. I made the flowers from an old flour sack after misting it with 2 shades of pink (pink gumball by Perfect Pearls and Vivid Purple by Memories Mist) and one shade of brown (tumble dry by s.e.i). I let the material dry and then cut out flowers using 2 of my sizzix dies-Tattered Flowers and Flower, build a flower #3.

The material I started with after it has been sprayed. I actually used an old sugar sack I bought at a garage sale but plain muslin would work as well.



Finished flowers along with dies I used:




Step 3. I used two different ribbons, sprayed them with water and wound them around a skewers and once dry took them off. This curls the ribbon and I used it for trenils with the flowers. The butterflies and some of the flowers are made from aluminum foil that I misted and then cut with dies.


How I did the ribbon:


No comments: