Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Christmas card

I used the Christmas card that my daughter and family sent last year and completed challenge #200 at Lasting Memories. The challenge was to use buttons. It is kind of hard to see but along the side I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and embossed the buttons and then cut them out and added Crackle Accents to them along with thread through the holes to make them really look like buttons. I used my Spellbinder dies to cut out the flowers and added buttons to the center of those. Cut up a doily to add along the sides and then added paste to make it look like snow along the sides and on the the flowers. The Christmas tree was also cut using a die and just added some accents to it. Thanks for looking ladies.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Glorious showcase of buttons!! This makes me want the holidays. Thanks for joining our blog hop button challenge at Lasting Memories!!

KarenB said...

Wonderful layout - what a great idea to use the Christmas card. I also love the layered poinsettia flowers with the tiny button centres :)

Karen Wilson said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining our blog hop button challenge at Lasting Memories!!