Saturday, May 9, 2015

It's all about flowers

I am trying out for the DT at Robin's Nest and decided to do something a little different.

I used an old ribbon spool.

I took off the top and bottom from the spool and covered both sides with paper. I painted the inside of the spool and while that was drying I added trim and lace along the outside of each lid. I then starting making flowers from paper. I used a couple sizzix dies for the flowers and then wet the paper and smooshed them up. Once almost dry I open the flowers up carefully and stacked them on top of each other. I added a little paint to the petals to tone down the colors and make them a little more vintage looking. I used Dew Drops in the center of the flowers. I wound wire around a stick to make the curls that are stuck in around the flowers as well as flower centers. I used a die cut for the leaves and then just put them in where needed.

Here is the finished project:

Side view:

Top of the box showing the flowers:

Opened box:

If you have never checked out Robin's Nest (http://robinsnest-scrap.com/) please take the time to do so. They offer so much in their store.

5 comments:

Beeceecreativity said...

OMG amazing and so creative Colleen. It's beautiful and stunning. Best of Luck

Rachel OCrowley said...

Very pretty flowers!

Maggi said...

Gorgeous project Colleen! Got my fingers crossed for you!

Proxxon Tools said...

what a fun idea, thanks for your interest in being apart of the Robin Nest team

Unknown said...

Very pretty! BL