I am trying out for the DT at Robin's Nest and decided to do something a little different.
I used an old ribbon spool.
I took off the top and bottom from the spool and covered both sides with paper. I painted the inside of the spool and while that was drying I added trim and lace along the outside of each lid. I then starting making flowers from paper. I used a couple sizzix dies for the flowers and then wet the paper and smooshed them up. Once almost dry I open the flowers up carefully and stacked them on top of each other. I added a little paint to the petals to tone down the colors and make them a little more vintage looking. I used Dew Drops in the center of the flowers. I wound wire around a stick to make the curls that are stuck in around the flowers as well as flower centers. I used a die cut for the leaves and then just put them in where needed.
Here is the finished project:
Top of the box showing the flowers:
If you have never checked out Robin's Nest (http://robinsnest-scrap.com/) please take the time to do so. They offer so much in their store.