I sure am hoping spring will be here any day, I am ready for sunshine, flowers and the smell of spring.
Welcome to our Spring Blog Hop at Turtle Soup.
Hi everyone….. welcome to the Turtle Soup Spring themed Blog Hop. Hope you enjoy everyone’s inspirational and creative projects. Here is the full list in case you loose your way. Enjoy and off you go hopping…….. thanks
1. Sara - http://turtlesoupmagazine.blogspot.com/
2. Bev- http://beeceecreativity.blogspot.com/
3. Deb P- http://tassiedeb.blogspot.com.au/
4 Louise B- http://madeatnumber27.blogspot.com.au/
5. Lisa Moen- http://lisasscrappyhideaway.blogspot.com/
6. Louise T- http://timelesscraftmumma.blogspot.com.au/
7. Chris- http://ole682000.blogspot.com
8. Toni- http://memoriesonpages.blogspot.com/
9. Phillis- http://justfindtimetoscrap.blogspot.com/
10. Colleen- http://scrappingranny-colleen.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
11. Elisa- http://2crazycrafters.blogspot.com.au/
12. Karen- http://calmcreations.blogspot.com/
13. Joan- http://thegovsplace.blogspot.com/
14. TURTLE SOUP BLOG- http://turtlesoupmagazine.blogspot.com/
I made a wall hanging. I had a canvas that I had used before and decided to reuse it in a different and fun way.
So very easy to create so I hope you will give this a try.
Start with a canvas but this time you are going to use the backside. Make sure you glue down all the canvas so it is stuck really tight.
I started with 2 different shades of blue Gelatos and just scribbed them on.
Next I misted water on and blended the 2 shades together. If you want to add more of either color now is the time to do that.
Now time to do the frame. Make sure you cover the blue that you just finished. I used one of my mats to cover the blue and there should be enough room for you to slide it in under the sides. Next I sprayed 2 different shades of brown and then blended it in with a paper towel, make sure you cover the sides as well.
Now for some fun, I took toilet paper tubes and cut them up and soaked them over night in water. The next morning I put them in the blender along with some of water they were soaking in and about 1 teaspoon of glue and blended very well. Then put it in a strainer and push to get as much water out as you can. I filled my molds with the paper mush and let them set overnight. If they are still a little damp you can put them in the microwave for about 1 minute and they should be dry enough. The great thing about this is you can color them if you want to leave them the brown they come out as. I made the branches using this paper mush and just added a touch of brown ink.
Up close of the branches
I cut out the flowers and words using my Silhouette Cameo, the dots in the flowers are beads that I melted. Finally I added ribbon to the back so this could be hung. The butterfly was made using 3 different kinds of paper and the pink flowers are flowers purchased at the Dollar Tree. Thank you hopping along and please enjoy the rest of the hop.
Elisa is next