Monday, December 10, 2018

JOY Plaque

Today I am sharing a fun Christmas plaque you can make on your own or get your children and/or grandchildren making one as well.


I started with a scrap piece of wood and just painted it. This is a project where you put your own touches and creativity to use.

Once I had the wood painted I cut out the letters using my Silhouette Cameo and again you can put whatever word you would like. After the letters were cut out at the size I wanted I traced them onto the dry board with a pencil.

Now that you have the letters traced you start adding your nails. I have had these little nails for years so glad they finally came in handy. Just make sure that you nails don't go through to the backside of your wood so the nail size will depend on the thickness of your wood. This is where your creativity comes into play as well, you can add more nails if you get started and don't like your design.




Here is what my “J” looked like after I finished creating the design I wanted. I did play around with the design and try it several different ways.

Since I was making a Christmas design I picked the red solid Devine Twine and Silver Metallic Devine twine.


Remember this is your creation so have fun with it.

This was my JOY after I finished with the weaving.




 wanted to add some embellishments to finish my Joy Plaque. So here is my finished plaque.

Please head over to the Whisker Graphics store to check out more of the wonderful twine and get busy having fun with your own project.

Have a very Merry Christmas and I will be back in 2019 with more fun projects.





No comments: